Aims of the NCFAAP
- To enable a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required.
- To deal with incidents that may arise whilst coaching or playing netball.
The candidate must be 13 years of age or oldeValidity of Award:
36 monthsLength of Course:
Six guided learning hours
The course syllabus, in addition to dealing with incidents that may arise whilst coaching or playing netball, covers the following as laid down by the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981:
- What to do in an emergency
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- First aid for the unconscious casualty
- First aid for the wounded or bleeding
- First aid equipment
- Employers risk assessment of first aid needs
Number of Candidates
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out various defined first aid activities in a safe manner
- Demonstrate CPR and the preparatory actions preceding the administration of CPR
- Satisfactorily complete the final course worksheet
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16Course Cost
£412 £429 £446 £463 £480 £497 £514 £531 £548Cost per Candidate
£52 £48 £45 £42 £40 £38 £36 £35 £34The above costs cover the Candidate Resources and a Tutor to deliver the course.
Course costs exclusive of VAT and could also be subject to tutor travel cost Venue
This course can be held at any location that has adequate room for teaching and practical tasks. The cost to hire the venue will be the responsibiliy of the club requesting the course.Further Information
Please contact Kat Wells at the STA on firstname.lastname@example.org